Constructive suggestions to improve our service are always welcome and may be handed in at reception. You can also submit your comments via our online form.
Should you have any complaints regarding the doctors, staff or treatment you have received, please do not hesitate to write to Marie Wheldon, the practice manager. We have a practice complaints procedure, which conforms to the NHS recommendations.
What we will do
Whenever possible we will acknowledge your complaint within three working days of the date when you raised it with us. We will endeavour to offer you an explanation, or a meeting with the people involved.
When we look into your complaint we will aim to:
- Find out what happened and what went wrong
- Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this
- Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate.
- Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again
Care is best delivered in an atmosphere of mutual respect and we expect our staff to treat all our patients with respect and understanding and request that patients acknowledge this by treating our staff courteously.
Complaining via Healthwatch
We hope that if you have a problem you will use our Practice complaints procedure. We believe this will give us the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and an opportunity to improve our practice, but you are also able to approach Healthwatch.
- provides confidential information and support. They can help you to sort out any concerns that you may have about the care we provide and they can give you information about the different services which are available from the NHS.
- collects feedback on peopleâ€™s experiences of using health and care services
- provides advocacy to people who are making a complaint about an NHS funded service.
The contact details are:
0300 77 77 007 (Calls cost the same as to a local landline)
Healthwatch Information, 1st floor, 151 Dale Street, Liverpool, L2 2AH